Contrary to what many believe, Kakamega County Senator Cleophas Malala will have a rough time to ascend to power in 2022 as the governor of the second largest county in kenya, Kakamega.
Daily trends did an in-depth analysis on his 2022 gubernatorial candidature and here the findings:-
- Non Luhya- senator Malala ancestral background does not trace him to Luhya land. His roots are in Luo land Siaya County to be specific. Malala, the shackles of doom drama teacher is said to have found himself in western after his father buying land in Butere constituency after being ex communicated in Siaya County which borders butere. Malala does not know how to speak Luhya to date apart from the word “’Mulembe”’ which means greetings.
- Unlike his political competitors, Malala does not have a solid voter base region. In Kakamega County there are three voter base regions and for one to ascend to power they must have a stronghold voter base support. These voter base regions are the Wanga region, the Isukha region and the Kabras region. The current governor Wycliffe Oparanya controls the Wanga region while Isukha region is controlled by the former Kakamega senator bony khalwale who is also a candidate in the 2022 gubernatorial elections. I the Wanga region where Malala resides, there are several candidates who are natives of the region and the strongest among will automatically be endorsed by the wanga elders.
- Poor relationship with Oparanya: Powers close to the governor informed daily trends that Oparanya and Malala do not see eye to eye. Let it be remembered that Oparanya is also the deputy party leader for ODM and a close confidant of Raila Odinga. To get party tickets of ODM in western is impossible if one doesn’t have a good rapport with Oparanya. It goes without saying that Malala will not be given the ODM party ticket in 2022.
- Poor relationship with ANC and other Luhya leaders- Malala is on record not once not twice for disrespecting the ANC party leader Musalia Mudavadi amongst other luhya leaders in western province. Currently ANC is the political party that sponsored malala to senate and with his indiscipline case he is more likely to be denied the party ticket come 2022. Actually ANC will not give him the party ticket as indicated by the ANC national youth league chair Nathaniel Akadima in a presser given to the media late last year.
- Fall out with Atwoli-Malala who was initially known as Atwoli’s last born child, having been brought to the county politics by Atwoli has been abandoned by his political godfather and Secretary General Central organization of trade unions Francis Atwoli. This is after Malala embezzled over 3 million shillings given to him by Atwoli to organize the BBI rally in kakamega and he ended hiring low end public address systems that resulted to sound problems at the rally. Something that annoyed Mzee Francis Atwoli and made him keep silent on malala. Sources close to Atwoli indicate that Atwoli is in the process of looking for another favorite candidate that he will name in his list of 2022 preferred candidates as indicated in the Bukhugu BBI rally.
- Sexual harassment of his communication team- Margret Nechesa popularly known as “sasha” who is a camera lady at the Malala communications team has on several occasions come out in public on sexual harassment from the senator. She says the senator wants sex every time and anywhere every time they are on official duty. Failure to this she is threatened to be fired.
- Financial constraints- Malala being a first timer in senate, he has not accumulated enough wealth to run a gubernatorial campaign of the second most populated county in Kenya. This has been seen in his craftiness behavior whenever he is trusted with money by people. This has been seen by the way he has handled the Malala Cup donor funds and the BBI money amongst others.