Are you willing to join the Kenya Defence Forces? Well, then this is your chance! The government through the Ministry of Defence has announced a massive recruitment of General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets, specialist officers, general duty recruits tradesmen/women and Defence Forces constables into defence forces.
However, the prospective candidates willing to join the Kenya Defence Forces MUST meet the following conditions and academic qualifications:
a. General Conditions
(1) Be Kenyan citizen with no dual citizenship.
(2) Be in possession of a valid Kenyan National Identity Card. (4 Copies of National Identity Card and PIN certificate)
(3) Age – between 18 and 26 years old for GSO Cadets, General Duty Recruits and Tradesmen/women with Certificate/Government Trade Test, not above 30 years for Specialist Officers, Tradesmen/women with Diploma, and not above 39 years for Chaplains/Imams.
(4) Be physically and medically fit in accordance with the KDF standards.
(5) Have no criminal record.
(6) Minimum Height: (a) Men 1.60m (5ft 3in). (b) Women 1.52m (5ft).
(7) Minimum Weight: (a) Men 54.55 Kg (120 lb). (b) Women 50.00 Kg (110 lb).
(8) Female candidates must NOT be pregnant at the time of recruitment and during the entire duration of training.
b. Minimum Academic Qualifications
(1) General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets. Must hold a minimum mean grade of B (Plain) in KCSE with at least C+ (Plus) in English, Mathematics and one Science subject. The training period for this category will cover three (3) years leading to a BSc in Military Science and Security Studies upon completion.
(2) Specialist Officers. Must hold a minimum mean grade of B (Plain) in KCSE with at least C+ (Plus) in English, Mathematics and one science subject. Must be a holder of an undergraduate degree from a recognized University/institution and be registered with a statutory body where applicable. The training period for Specialist Officers will not be less than three months.
(3) Servicemen/women (General Duty) Recruits Must hold a minimum mean grade of D (plain) in KCSE.
(4) Tradesmen/women. Prospective candidates willing to apply must satisfy the conditions and requirements given below.
(a) Technicians. A minimum mean grade of C (Plain) in KCSE, a relevant Diploma or above from a recognized Institution and be registered with the relevant statutory bodies, where applicable. (b) Artisans. A minimum mean grade of D+ (Plus) in KCSE and either a relevant certificate with Government Trade Test Grade II or Craft II from a recognized Institution.
(a) Be a retired Kenya Defence Forces Service Member or a retired National Youth Serviceman/woman. (b) Be between the ages of 30 and 55 years old for retired KDF and between 35 and 45 years old for retired NYS. (c) Possess a Discharge Certificate with a minimum rating of “Very Good” in conduct. (d) Must have served for at least 9 years Colour Service for retired honourably from KDF.
a. General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets
b. Specialist Officers. In addition to the minimum academic qualifications, Specialist Officers must posses’ qualifications and where necessary be registered with the relevant Statutory Bodies for the vacancies below:
(1) Medical Officers.
Must hold at least a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and be registered with Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board (MPDB).
Must hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy and be registered with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board (PPB).
(3) Nursing Officers.
Must hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing and be registered with the Nursing Council of Kenya (NCK).
Must hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Dental Surgery and be registered with the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board (MPDB).
(5) Laboratory Technologists.
Must hold a Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology/Medical Laboratory Science.
(6) Counselling Psychologists.
Must hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Counselling Psychology.
(7) Public Health Officers.
Must hold at least a Bachelor of Science degree in Public Health/Environmental Science.
(8) Cyber Security/Digital Forensic/IT Officers.
Must hold at least a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Software Engineering/Networking. Certification in Cyber Security, Digital Forensics, and Ethical hacking or Information Security analysis will be added advantage.
(9) Engineers. Must hold at least a Bachelor of Science degree in Aeronautical, Electrical & Electronics, Telecommunication, Instrumentation and Control, Mechanical, Marine, Biomedical, Naval Architecture and Mechatronics Engineering and be registered with the Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK).
Must hold at least a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication majoring either in Broadcast Production or Public Relations with at least two (2) years working experience.
Must hold at least a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree from a recognized University, be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya, hold a current and valid practicing certificate with at least two (2) years practicing experience. Experience in litigation will be an added advantage.
(12) Physical Training Officers.
Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Sports Science or Bachelor of Education (Physical Education).
(13) Finance/Accounting Officers.
Must hold at least a Bachelor of Commerce (Finance/Accounting option).
(14) Music Specialists.
Must hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Music.
Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Theology/Islamic studies from a recognized Institution. Protestant Churches and Roman Catholic Chaplains must be ordained Ministers and recommended by Archbishop and Episcopal Conference respectively. Imams must be recommended by the Chief Kadhi.
(16) Hospitality Management/Catering Officers.
Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management/ Food Production.
(17) Entrepreneurship and Management Officers.
Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Entrepreneurship.
(18) Statistics Officers.
Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics/Applied Statistics/Actuarial Science.
(19) Procurement & Supply Chain Management Officers.
Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management /Purchasing & Supplies Management.
(20) Library and Information Officers.
Must hold at least Bachelor’s degree in Library and Information Science.
(21) Project Managers.
Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Project Planning and Management.
(22) Quantity Surveyors.
Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Survey and registered with Board of Registration of Architects and Quantity Surveyors (BORAQS).
Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Oceanography.
(24) Dock Masters.
Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Nautical Science.
(a) Accounting/Finance/CPA II
(b) Aeronautical Engineering (A&E)
(c) Archives and Record Management
(d) Automotive Engineering
(e) Building and Construction
(f) Carpentry and Joinery
(g) Community Health & Development
(h) Community Health Nursing (KRCHN)
(i) Computer Science/Information Technology
(j) Counseling Psychology
(k) Electrical and Electronics Engineering
(l) Electrical and Instrumentation/Control Engineering
(m) Human Resource Management
(n) Journalism (Print Journalist, Audio – Visual Producer)
(o) Marine Engineering
(p) Mechanical Engineering (Plant/Production)
(q) Medical Laboratory
(s) Painting/Coating Technology
(t) Para Legal
(u) Pharmaceutical Technology
(v) Plumbing and Pipe Fitting/Plumbing Technology
(w) Project Planning and Management
(x) Public Health/Environmental Science
(y) Purchasing and Supplies Management
(aa) Refrigeration & Air Conditioning
(bb) Research Skills Development
(cc) Sales and Marketing
(ee) Telecommunication Engineering
(ff) Warehouse/Store Keeping Management
(gg) Welding & Fabrication
(a) Auto/Motor Vehicle Electrical
(b) Automotive/Motor Vehicle Mechanics
(c) Carpentry and Joinery
(d) Composite Manufacturing Technology
(e) Electrical and Electronics
(f) Marine/Ship Construction
(g) Masonry and Brick Laying
(h) Plant Mechanics
(j) Plant Operations (Heavy Plant/Crane/Forklift/Tug Operations)
(k) Plumbing and Pipe Fitting
(l) Welding and Fabrication
Clear photocopies of relevant academic certificates and current National Identity Card (ID) MUST be attached to the application and be addressed to the:
Assistant Chief of the Defence Forces (Personnel and Logistics)
Ministry of Defence Defence Headquarters
Ulinzi House P O Box 40668 – 00100 NAIROBI
The applications to reach the addressee on or before 7th November 2019.
Candidates who will be shortlisted for Specialist Officers and Tradesmen/women shall be notified through the print media from 17th to 23rd November 2019.Do you have any story you would like to share? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will publish it. You can also contact us at email@example.com