Home Latest NewsCrime & Investigations Class Eight Pupil Dies After Being Electrocuted

Class Eight Pupil Dies After Being Electrocuted

by Yahil Felix

A class eight pupil at Mumias Muslim Primary School in Kakamega County died after being electrocuted while hanging clothes in a clothing line at her home in Lumino Village. According to reports, the 14 year-old Charity Stacy touched a clothing line that had come in contact with a live wire on Saturday.

Her sorrowful mother Ms. Violet Bwire narrated that the little girl accidentally touched the wire while spreading a wet blanket. She was confirmed dead while receiving treatment at Jamia Medical Center. Ms. Fazia Atira, and her fellow teachers said that she was a disciplined and quite girl.

They said that her death is a big loss to the school since she was one of the candidates they were looking up to for good results in the coming national exams.

ALSO READ  Oscar Sudi Speaks on His Whereabouts at The Time Police Raided His Home

Neighbors also said that they suffered electric shocks when they touched the wire. They asked their landlady to fix the issue. The residents asked Kenya Power to investigate the matter while attributing the mess to a contractor who did shoddy work by leaving hanging wires in the building thus exposing residents to shock.

Mumias West sub-county Police Commander Stephen Muoni said the matter is under investigations.

You may also like

Leave a Comment