President William Ruto has named his Cabinet nominees.
Musalia Mudavadi has been appointed the Prime Cabinet Secretary, the position he had been promised when he joined Ruto to form Kenya Kwanza coalition.
The Cabinet nominees will now await vetting by the Members of the National Assembly before taking up their various roles.
Below is the full list of President Ruto’s cabinet nominees.
- Prime Cabinet Secretary – Musali Mudavadi
- Interior – Prof. Abraham Kithure Kindiki
- Treasury & Planning – Prof. Njuguna Ndung’u
- Public Service Gender & Affirmative Action – Aisha Juma Katamwa
- Defense – Aden Barre Duale
- Water, Sanitation & Irrigation – Alice Muthoni Wahome
- Foreign & Diaspora Affairs – Alfred Mutua
- Trade Investment & Industry – Moses Kuria
- East African Community & ASAL Development – Rebecca Miano
- Roads, Transport & Public Works – Onesmus Kipchumba Murkomen
- Environment & Forestry – Roselinda Soipan Tuya
- Lands, Housing & Urban Development- Zacharia Mwangi Njeru
- Tourism, Wildlife and Heritage – PEninah Malonza
- Agriculture Livestock Development – Mithika Linturi
- Health – Susan Nakumincha Wafula
- Information, Communication & Digital Economy – Eliud Owalo
- Education – Ezekiel Machogu
- Energy & Petroleum – Davis Chirchir
- Youth Affairs, Sports and Arts – Ababu Namambwa
- Cooperatives & MSME Development – Simon Chelgui
- Mining, Blue Economy & Maritime Affairs – Salim Mvuria
- Labor & Social Protection – Florence Bore
Cabinet level appointments
- Advisor women rights agency – Harriet Chigai
- Advisor National Security – Monica Juma
- Attorney General – Justin Bedan Muturi Njoka
- Secretary to the Cabinet – Mercy Wanjau
• IG Police Mutyambai – health concerns
• DCI Kinoti