Health Cabinet Secretary Mutahi Kagwe has confirmed 9 more confirmed coronavirus cases in Kenya, bringing the total number of cases to 25.
In a live press briefing at Afya House on Tuesday evening, CS Kagwe noted that the new cases were detected on people from four counties.
These are Nairobi, Mombasa, Kilifi and Kwale.
Out of the nine confirmed cases, seven of them are Kenyans and two are foreigners.
The new cases were confirmed after 82 samples being tested.
CS Kagwe says tracing of contacts of patients is ongoing. The total number of traced contacts so far are 745. Out of these, 98 have been discharged.
CS Kagwe further thanked Chines billionaire businessman Jack Ma for the donations that landed in the country today aboard Ethiopian airlines.
The Alibaba co-founder’s donations of masks and 25,000 testing kits for the coronavirus arrived at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA) in Nairobi on Tuesday March 24.
The shipment arrived at JKIA from Addis Ababa shortly after midday.
Jack Ma promised to issue out a total of 1.1 million testing kits, 6 million masks and 60,000 medical use protective suits and face shields that will be distributed among all the 54 African nations.
However, CS Kagwe in his Tuesday evening presser said that the government will announce more measures to contain the virus. Could it be a total lock down of the country?
Well, the measures that had been earlier announced are to remain into effect as the country awaits more measures set to be announce tomorrow (Wednesday March 25).Do you have any story you would like to share? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will publish it. You can also contact us at email@example.com