Deputy President William Ruto has finally come out clean fake military arms tender that was allegedly procured from his Harambee Annex office.
In a statement issued on Monday evening by his communication office, DP Ruto distanced himself from the scandal in which former Sports Cabinet Secretary Rashid Eachesa is largely involved.
Ruto says he was not in the office when Echesa and two other foreigners visited his office.
The DP has also stated that Echesa lacked an appointment with him on the material day when they visited his office to ‘seal the deal.’
When Echesa and company got wind that DP Ruto was working from his Karen home instead of Harambee Annex, they bolted out of the reception according to DP’s statement.
The group had been holed up inside the Annex office between 9:39 and 10:02, making it a total of 23 minutes.
Echesa has since been released on a Ksh1 million bail together with Clifford Okoth Onyango, Daniel Otieno Omondi and Kennedy Oyoo Mboya.
DP Ruto said his office has been cooperating with detectives drawn from Directorate of Criminal Investigations and that all the CCTV footages had been made available for review.
On February 15, DCI detectives raided the houses of Echesa where they recovered two guns and more than a hundred rounds of ammunition.
Below is a full statement issued by DP Ruto’s communication office;